Email is one of the most common ways we communicate in a working environment. Quite often a company or organization will have a standard signature set at the bottom of an email, with contact information, job titles, and will possibly add certifications or titles to specific employees who have earned them.
You just earned a fancy new certification that comes with an email badge…but how do you change your signature? The process is quite simple!
How to create or edit a signature in outlook:
- With Outlook open, click “File” in the top left.
- Click “Options” near the bottom left of the menu that opens.
- In the Outlook Options menu, select “Mail” on the left sidebar, then “Signatures” in the menu on the right:
- Once you enter the “Signatures and Stationery” menu there are several options. Make sure “E-mail Signature” is selected and you will see the following menu. From here you can edit existing signatures (like the CCR 2018 one) or create a new signature by clicking the “New” button. Once you have named and created your signature like the “Test” one here, you will want to make sure to change the “New Messages” and “Replies/Forwards” to the name of the new signature. Then click, “OK”
- Open a new E-Mail and enjoy your new signature! With the changes made, this signature will also work on replies and forwarded E-Mails as well!
Tech Tip Provided By:
Assurance System Technician